Harlem Shake Fail... Fire! (Harlem Shake Gone Wrong)
If you recall all of the craze about three or four years ago, the Harlem Shake was sweeping the nation. It’s hard to believe that it really has been that long as it seems like the catchy tune was getting everybody on board from your neighbor across the street to the most popular athletes and celebrities from around the world to do their little version of the dance to that jingle.
Whether or not you liked it, the song was constantly popping up, completely gripping pop culture by the hand for a decent period of time with some of the videos most certainly being more entertaining than others and then there was the selection of videos like this one.
Apparently, common sense wasn’t too prevalent for this group as they decided to do their very own version of the Harlem Shake indoors, lighting a fire near a container of gasoline and causing it to explode. I’m not sure what exactly it is that goes off in anybody’s head and makes them think that this would possibly be a good idea but watching it unfold is nothing short of cringeworthy.
Sure enough, the group decided to capture the whole thing on video and upload it to the internet to be lived over and over again. I know that there were a pretty good collection of these Harlem Shake videos that ended with some pretty ugly consequences due to people going overboard with it but this one might just be the most severe that came of the trend.