Elon Musk Unveils New Tesla Cybertruck, Details Inside
When it comes to doing off-the-wall things, look no further than Elon Musk. The man ...
When it comes to doing off-the-wall things, look no further than Elon Musk. The man behind the Tesla company has revolutionized the way that we travel. It all started with the concept of revolutionizing the electric car. Up until Musk stepped in, it seems like the electric car was nothing more than a gimmick. However, Musk managed to make it more mainstream. In fact, some would even argue that he made electric vehicles cool.
These days, Tesla is still the industry leader in electric vehicles. Some seven years after their debut, other manufacturers are just beginning to roll out a serious look at an electric vehicle. As we all know, though, Musk is playing 4D chess. In other words, he’s already leaps and bounds ahead of the competition. As others begin to do what Tesla was doing years ago, Musk is on to the next big thing.
Tonight, we would see Elon unveil what he’s calling the “Cybertruck.”
The machine looks like something straight out of a Terminator movie. When we say that the truck is like nothing we’ve ever seen before, we certainly aren’t exaggerating. In the automotive industry, hyperbole almost seems like a given. However, when looking at this wedge-shaped truck, we find it difficult to wrap our minds around.
If we can get over the looks, though, the truck promises to be something incredible. Below, we list the specs that make this thing one-of-a-kind.
- Similar size to the f-150
- No body on frame or bed on frame – it’s instead an exoskeleton made of ultra-hard stainless steel
- Sledgehammer proof and bulletproof
- Armored glass
- Adaptive air suspension
- 16-inch clearance, the highest of any production truck
- Active damping that could control the ride hardness depending on the load
- 6.5ft bed length
- Tows up to 14,000 pounds
- 10.0-second quarter mile
- 0-60 in 2.9
- 35” approach angle, 28” departure angle, claims to be best on the market
- Ranges will be 250mi, 300mi, 500mi
- Access to all superchargers, capable of 250+KW
- 110/220v power onboard
- Air suspension will be able to be tapped into to allow for air tool usage
- Starts at $39,900 for single motor RWD configuration (0-60 in 6.5-seconds, 7500-pound tow capacity)
- Dual motor AWD $49,900 (0-60 in 4.5-seconds, 10,000-pound tow capacity)
- Trimotor AWD $69,000 (0-60 in 2.9-seconds 14,000-pound tow capacity)
- All configurations come with a 3,500-pound payload
If that wasn’t enough, they also made an ATV that fits right in the bed.
By following along with the video below, we tune in with the full LIVE unveiling of Cybertruck. Elon spills the beans on what he’s going to be bringing to the table and how he might just change the pickup truck industry. Some have commented that the vehicle looks more like an army vehicle than a consumer pickup. However, with all of the off-the-wall things that Musk has taken on, the obscure nature isn’t surprising.
With how vastly different this thing is, we almost feel like this is an elaborate troll. If it is, it’s certainly a good one. We’re downright stoked to see how Cybertruck does when it hits the market.